Trinity Episcopal Church
Whitehall, New York
WHO ARE WE?
We are the Little Church with the Big Heart
Burgeoning Forward with Faith
Trinity Episcopal Church Whitehall, New York is a small rural church at the foothills of the Adirondacks, where Lake Champlain begins in New York and eventually empties into the St. Lawrence River in Canada. We are part of the Albany Episcopal Diocese and the Worldwide Anglican Communion.
Beginning in the first half of the 19th century there were two attempts to establish a permanent Episcopal parish in Whitehall and were called St. Paul’s. Both attempts failed, and finally on June 28, 1865, Trinity Episcopal Church was born, and will celebrate the 150th year of its founding in 2015. The present Church building is the second that has housed the congregation and was erected in 1972. The congregation is very pleased to have just completed remodeling our downstairs kitchen, bathroom and fellowship hall. Upstairs, the sanctuary and sacristy also underwent rejuvenation and refurbishing. The outside of the Church was not neglected. A lighted parking lot has been installed, the handicap ramp refurbished and a metal roof built over the ramp while a new metal roof was installed on the Church. The congregation is very proud to have retired the entire debt for all these improvements.